Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities to grow as scholars and leaders
CMC Rifle is the Beta Omicron Pi chapter of national Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Phi Theta Kappa is the only internationally acclaimed honor society for two-year colleges. As a member, your academic excellence will be recognized with the Golden Key Membership Pin, membership certificate and identification card, and the privilege of wearing regalia at graduation that sets you apart as a Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society member.
As a member, you will be eligible to apply for the more than $25 million in transfer scholarships available exclusively through Phi Theta Kappa.
Membership benefits include access to scholarship information exclusively for Phi Theta Kappa members, letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment, and press releases announcing your induction into the society, discounts with national vendors and invitations to annual conferences.
Benefits of Membership
- $37 million in scholarship opportunities for members only
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of more than 3.5 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on nearly 1,300 campuses worldwide
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits, financial offers, and member discount offers from Phi Theta Kappa Corporate Partners such as GEICO and Bank of America
Recognition of achievement
Membership recognizes your academic success with:
- Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin
- Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate
- Recognition during college induction ceremony
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa commencement regalia during college graduation and other official ceremonies*
- Press release announcing your academic achievement
* Regalia must be provided by the student.
To be eligible for membership student must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution offering an associate degree program.
- Have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree.
- Generally have a grade point average of 3.5.
- Receive an invitation to membership from the chapter at the college where presently enrolled.
- Adhere to the moral standards of the society.