Drone aerial of the Spring Valley Campus, July, 2019, by photo by: Seth J. Andersen, @sethjandersen.
Spring Valley constructs two new centers for learning and recreation
These inspiring new spaces will open in the Fall 2019 semester
CMC is committed to sustainability. Both facilities will meet LEED silver standards, incorporating the latest in green building and energy efficient designs.
The Ascent Center
- 16,000 square-feet
- Coffee shop/Café – grab and go drinks and snacks
- Campus Store – CMC logo gear, school supplies, snacks, learning materials pick up
- Study and hangout spaces – meet friends at the indoor/outdoor fireplace to study or socialize
- Classrooms to accommodate large and small groups
- Student services offices – visit counselors, academic advisors, financial aid specialists, career counselors and more
Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
- 32,000 square-feet
- State-of-the-art fitness and wellness center – cardio room overlooking mountains, weight room, dance and yoga studio, spin studio
- Gymnasium – double courts for multiple sports/games
Climbing wall – bouldering sections and ropes climbing
- Individual locker rooms
- Outdoor deck – access to sports fields and views
- Outdoor pursuits equipment rental and learning space
New buildings open soon!
This campus photo, taken June 18, 2019, shows that we are almost there! Final touches are being put on the Ascent Center (far left in this view), due to open this summer. The large Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House (far right) is scheduled to open October 2019. Photo by Seth Andersen, @sethjandersen.