CMC Spring Valley Conference and Events
Spectacular views create an unforgettable conference venue and amazing experiences at CMC's Spring Valley Campus
Spring Valley, located seven miles south of Glenwood Springs, is an inspiring location. It offers expansive views of the Roaring Fork Valley and a spectacular view of Mt. Sopris. Meeting participants can "get away from it all" in the Colorado Mountains, while staying close to restaurants, shops, galleries and concerts from Glenwood Springs to Aspen.
Flexibility for your group is key. From late May through early-August, the campus can accommodate needs with more than 200 beds, a large cafeteria, recreational spaces, outdoor athletic fields, and a wide selection of meeting spaces.
If you need a space for your meeting, training, or HOA, we can accommodate up to 75 people in a variety of spaces on our campus. Add some catering and you can have your meeting, technology, snacks and lunch all in one day.
Here are just a few examples of what we can do here at Spring Valley:
- Team building, facilitated by a climbing wall and a challenge course right on campus
- Training meetings
- HOA Events
- Birthday Parties
- Weddings and Receptions
- Overnight conferences
- Athletic Camps
Conference and Event Spaces
Four buildings — the Ascent Center, Calaway Academic Center, Student Center and Quigley Library provide a wide range of options for your conference or meeting.
Fitness and Recreation Center and Outdoor Spaces
Use CMC's new Fitness and Recreation Center and take advantage of an amazing outdoor setting. It can't help but inspire creativity and peace of mind.
Stay overnight! Sopris Hall provides affordable, on-campus housing with all the right amenities.
Dining at Spring Valley
We have many dining options. From formal, catered dinners to outdoor barbecues — whatever you need to fit your event.
How to Set Up Your Conference or Event at Spring Valley
When planning an event at CMC
- Plan all activities as far in advance as possible (at least two weeks for meetings, three weeks for student events and ninety days for larger scale events).
- Determine your preferred date and time. Have a back-up date and time in mind.
- Estimate the number of attendees and your total space needs.
- Determine your audiovisual requirements.
- Plan your catering menu (sorry, no outside food allowed on campus). Our on campus catering department can assist with any menu planning whether you need a buffet, boxed lunches or a plated meal.
- Decide if parking permits or parking services are needed.
- Determine any special accommodations for your attendees; then contact Disability Services at 970-947-8256.
Things to consider for your event
- Food service/catering: Catering is provided by our on-campus catering department. For a complete menu of items, contact us for details.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is ONLY allowed at special events with prior approval, to be served in reserved rooms at the Student Center, Recreation Center, or outside under strict limitations and requirements. Consumption of alcohol must follow the Alcohol Use Procedures.
- After hours use: Additional charges may be incurred for programs/events that take place after hours and/or on the weekends.
- Police presence: Additional charges may be incurred if police officers are required depending upon the estimated attendance and if alcohol is served.