Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House Closed
On May 23, 2020, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) granted Garfield County a variety of variances to sections of Executive Order D 2020 044 “Safer at Home,” allowing fitness centers to open under strict social distancing and cleaning requirements. At the same time, under the governor’s Safer at Home order, across the state college campuses’ “recreational services including gyms remain closed.”
After careful thought and deliberation, we have decided that the Outdoor Leadership Center and Field House at Spring Valley will remain closed for the summer 2020 semester. This decision did not come lightly. We greatly value our members and seek to actively promote physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being. However, we feel that under the current conditions, this is in the best interest of our members, our employees, and the college.
Acknowledging the fact that this extended closure has had an impact on you, our community, in regards to your fitness and wellness goals and possibly financially as well, memberships will be extended for the duration of time in which they were active but unable to be used due to the COVID-19 response upon the reopening of the Field House.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you again!
Spring Valley's Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
The Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House is approximately 32,000 square feet in space. There are two levels, the main level features the main entrance, check-in/registration desk, single-use restrooms/showers, classroom, climbing wall, weight room, multipurpose room, day-use lockers, outdoor program area, track, and cardio balcony. The lower level grants access to the two multipurpose courts, day-use lockers, bathrooms, concession area, and access to the soccer fields.
- Weight Room - 1405 sq. ft., comprised of both free weights, assisted weight machines, and functional fitness opportunities.
- Cardio Balcony - 750 sq. ft., placed along the track has cardio units made up of brand-new treadmills, elliptical, ergs, and both recumbent and upright stationary bicycles.
- Multipurpose Room- Soon the home of our group fitness classes, this is currently a great space for functional fitness, stretching, etc. There is a fleet of spin bikes stored in this room and it functions on its own AV system.
- Climbing Wall- 38 ft. wall with twelve top rope lanes, three auto-belays, a bouldering cave, and a moon board. All climbers must obtain a certification before participating in open climb hours. Shoes and harnesses available for rental.
- Rec Gym - 11,400 sq. ft., a multi-function space that will allow for a multitude of uses at the same time. With a center partition that can be raised and lowered, a basketball game is possible on one side and a volleyball game on the other. This space is also compatible with futsal.
The grounds also contain these outdoor amenities:
- Gates Soccer Park, comprised of five collegiate-sized fields
- 18-hole Disc Golf Course to challenge your skills and clear your mind
- Mountain bike trails & track
We hope that you will find a space to engage, excite, and fully enjoy your experience at our center.
Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 6am - 10pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Sun: 12pm - 8pm
Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm
Note: Field House will be closed during the following academic breaks: Thanksgiving Break - Wednesday, November 27 through Sunday, December 1; Winter Break - Monday, December 23 through Wednesday, January 1.
Memberships & Pricing
We have a variety of individual and family memberships to meet your needs.
Our facility encompasses one of the tallest climbing walls on the western slope.
Soon to come, the Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House will offer select group fitness classes for its members.
We are planning team sports and intramural activities.