Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House Closed
In taking precautions against the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), effective immediately, Colorado Mountain College is temporarily changing operations for all campuses and locations, therefore affecting the Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House.
From Friday, March 13 until further notice, the Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House will be closed to the public. With the Governor's Phase 2 roll-out the situation has bee reassessed and the Field House will remain closed. Members will be notified with any updated information regarding the Field House operations.
During this time, no refunds will be offered on memberships, however, the Field House staff will honor the extension of memberships to offset the duration of this unforeseen closure. Please contact the Director of Recreation, Melanie Alexander, if you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns.
This temporary change in operations is in the best interest of our students, our employees and our community members, as well as remaining compliant with government orders.
Spring Valley's Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
The Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House is approximately 32,000 square feet in space. There are two levels, the main level features the main entrance, check-in/registration desk, single-use restrooms/showers, classroom, climbing wall, weight room, multipurpose room, day-use lockers, outdoor program area, track, and cardio balcony. The lower level grants access to the two multipurpose courts, day-use lockers, bathrooms, concession area, and access to the soccer fields.
- Weight Room - 1405 sq. ft., comprised of both free weights, assisted weight machines, and functional fitness opportunities.
- Cardio Balcony - 750 sq. ft., placed along the track has cardio units made up of brand-new treadmills, elliptical, ergs, and both recumbent and upright stationary bicycles.
- Multipurpose Room- Soon the home of our group fitness classes, this is currently a great space for functional fitness, stretching, etc. There is a fleet of spin bikes stored in this room and it functions on its own AV system.
- Climbing Wall- 38 ft. wall with twelve top rope lanes, three auto-belays, a bouldering cave, and a moon board. All climbers must obtain a certification before participating in open climb hours. Shoes and harnesses available for rental.
- Rec Gym - 11,400 sq. ft., a multi-function space that will allow for a multitude of uses at the same time. With a center partition that can be raised and lowered, a basketball game is possible on one side and a volleyball game on the other. This space is also compatible with futsal.
The grounds also contain these outdoor amenities:
- Gates Soccer Park, comprised of five collegiate-sized fields
- 18-hole Disc Golf Course to challenge your skills and clear your mind
- Mountain bike trails & track
We hope that you will find a space to engage, excite, and fully enjoy your experience at our center.
Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 6am - 10pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Sun: 12pm - 8pm
Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm
Note: Field House will be closed during the following academic breaks: Thanksgiving Break - Wednesday, November 27 through Sunday, December 1; Winter Break - Monday, December 23 through Wednesday, January 1.
Memberships & Pricing
We have a variety of individual and family memberships to meet your needs.
Our facility encompasses one of the tallest climbing walls on the western slope.
Soon to come, the Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House will offer select group fitness classes for its members.
We are planning team sports and intramural activities.