The Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House has always been dedicated to the health and wellbeing of the Colorado Mountain College community, and with a carefully planned and phased approach, the facility will reopen. The Field House Reopening Plan of Action has been created in alignment with CMC’s COVID-19 Operating Plan and utilizing the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Department of Public Health and Environment, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association for clear and consistent messaging.
The Field House is moving into the final phase of its COVID Re-Opening plan, based on the revised masked guidance offered by Governor Polis, on May 14 and the County's current COVID-19 status. Within this final phase, fully vaccinated people can go without masks in the facility and no capacity limits will be enforced. We ask that individuals that are not fully vaccinated still wear masks and abide by proper social distancing standards. In addition, symptom screening is no longer required to be on campus, but it is expected that those individuals that are not feeling well or displaying any COVID symptoms remain home and avoid coming to campus. The Field House will continue to follow all state and local health guidelines, whatever form those take in the coming weeks and months, and will continue to release any updates as necessary.
Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
(Starting May 10)
Mon-Fri: 6am - 9am | 4pm - 8pm
Sun: 4pm - 8pm
Anticipated Fall Hours
(Starting August 21)
Mon-Fri: 6am - 10pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Sun: 12pm - 8pm
Summer 2021 Operations
We will be open for Summer 2021! Acknowledging that there will be less academic activity on campus and the abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities summer in the Roaring Fork Valley holds, we will be reducing our offering slightly. Monday through Friday the facility will be open from 6:00 am - 9:00 am and 4:00 pm - 8:00pm. Saturdays we will be closed, but on Sundays, evening hours will be offered from 4:00 pm - 8:00pm.
The climbing wall will be available for open climb to all those that hold current Field House certifications during the facility's hours of operation. Certification cards must be displayed at all times. The Climbing Wall Coordinator will be available from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm Mondays and Wednesdays for belay certifications and to belay any individuals that do not have a belay partner.
Spring Valley's Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
The Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House is approximately 32,000 square feet in space. There are two levels, the main level features the main entrance, check-in/registration desk, single-use restrooms/showers, classroom, climbing wall, weight room, multipurpose room, day-use lockers, outdoor program area, track, and cardio balcony. The lower level grants access to the two multipurpose courts, day-use lockers, bathrooms, concession area, and access to the soccer fields.
- Weight Room - 1405 sq. ft., comprised of both free weights, assisted weight machines, and functional fitness opportunities.
- Cardio Balcony - 750 sq. ft., placed along the track has cardio units made up of brand-new treadmills, elliptical, ergs, and both recumbent and upright stationary bicycles.
- Multipurpose Room- Soon the home of our group fitness classes, this is currently a great space for functional fitness, stretching, etc. There is a fleet of spin bikes stored in this room and it functions on its own AV system.
- Climbing Wall- 38 ft. wall with twelve top rope lanes, three auto-belays, a bouldering cave, and a moon board. All climbers must obtain a certification before participating in open climb hours. Shoes and harnesses available for rental.
- Rec Gym - 11,400 sq. ft., a multi-function space that will allow for a multitude of uses at the same time. With a center partition that can be raised and lowered, a basketball game is possible on one side and a volleyball game on the other. This space is also compatible with futsal.
The grounds also contain these outdoor amenities:
- Gates Soccer Park, comprised of five collegiate-sized fields
- 18-hole Disc Golf Course to challenge your skills and clear your mind
- Mountain bike trails & track
We hope that you will find a space to engage, excite, and fully enjoy your experience at our center.
Memberships & Pricing
We have a variety of individual and family memberships to meet your needs.
Our facility encompasses one of the tallest climbing walls on the western slope.
Soon to come, the Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House will offer select group fitness classes for its members.
We are planning team sports and intramural activities.