Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House: Re-Opening
The Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House has always been dedicated to the health and wellbeing of the Colorado Mountain College community, and with a carefully planned and phased approach, the facility will begin to reopen. The Field House Reopening Plan of Action has been created in alignment with CMC’s COVID-19 Operating Plan and utilizing the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Department of Public Health and Environment, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association for clear and consistent messaging.
Extensive precautions are being enacted to provide a safe environment so our members have an opportunity to resume an active lifestyle. While extensive cleaning protocols, enhanced procedures, and social distancing practices will be introduced into the facility, patrons will also be asked to follow the ‘Five Commitments to Containment’ to contribute to the overall success of this reopening plan.
As we navigate through the reopening of the Field House, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together. If you have a specific concern please reach out to the Director of Recreation & Events, Melanie Alexander, at (970) 947-8195 or email@example.com. Please visit our website for updates and schedule changes.
Similar to the state of Colorado’s response plan, this reopening plan of action will be implemented in phases, better allowing the facility and its staff to continually assess the campus climate and to readily adapt to new county, state, and federal guidelines. During the early phases of reopening, visitors should expect limited hours, capacity, and amenities.
Beginning August 17, 2020, the Outdoor Leadership Center and Field House will open to individuals of the campus community, i.e. students, faculty, and staff, who have memberships. At this time community members will still be prohibited from the facility and the sale of day passes will be suspended. Capacity will be set at 25% of occupancy and will be strictly monitored by the staff.
Moving into Phase 2 is not a time-based change. Entering into this subsequent phase must rely on guidance from campus leadership, the CDC, local government leadership, and local health officials.
Moving to phase 2 will be based on our facility and CMC’s confidence in our ability to implement COVID-19 prevention measures, containment, cleaning, staff, and operations management.
Phase 2 will allow for community members to be welcomed back into the facility, but will still disallow the sale of day passes. Hours of operation can possibly be amended during this phase to accommodate the extra demographic. It would be suggested that once allowing community members back into the facility, a ‘compromised population’ time slot be offered.
Spring Valley's Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
The Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House is approximately 32,000 square feet in space. There are two levels, the main level features the main entrance, check-in/registration desk, single-use restrooms/showers, classroom, climbing wall, weight room, multipurpose room, day-use lockers, outdoor program area, track, and cardio balcony. The lower level grants access to the two multipurpose courts, day-use lockers, bathrooms, concession area, and access to the soccer fields.
- Weight Room - 1405 sq. ft., comprised of both free weights, assisted weight machines, and functional fitness opportunities.
- Cardio Balcony - 750 sq. ft., placed along the track has cardio units made up of brand-new treadmills, elliptical, ergs, and both recumbent and upright stationary bicycles.
- Multipurpose Room- Soon the home of our group fitness classes, this is currently a great space for functional fitness, stretching, etc. There is a fleet of spin bikes stored in this room and it functions on its own AV system.
- Climbing Wall- 38 ft. wall with twelve top rope lanes, three auto-belays, a bouldering cave, and a moon board. All climbers must obtain a certification before participating in open climb hours. Shoes and harnesses available for rental.
- Rec Gym - 11,400 sq. ft., a multi-function space that will allow for a multitude of uses at the same time. With a center partition that can be raised and lowered, a basketball game is possible on one side and a volleyball game on the other. This space is also compatible with futsal.
The grounds also contain these outdoor amenities:
- Gates Soccer Park, comprised of five collegiate-sized fields
- 18-hole Disc Golf Course to challenge your skills and clear your mind
- Mountain bike trails & track
We hope that you will find a space to engage, excite, and fully enjoy your experience at our center.
Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House
COVID Phase One Hours
6am - 9am | 12pm - 2pm | 5pm - 9pm
Sat & Sun: Closed
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 6am - 10pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Sun: 12pm - 8pm
Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm
Note: Field House will be closed during the following academic breaks: Thanksgiving Break - Wednesday, November 25 through Sunday, November 29; Winter Break - Wednesday, December 23 through Sunday, January 3.
Memberships & Pricing
We have a variety of individual and family memberships to meet your needs.
Our facility encompasses one of the tallest climbing walls on the western slope.
Soon to come, the Outdoor Leadership Center & Field House will offer select group fitness classes for its members.
We are planning team sports and intramural activities.