The Ball Observatory in Steamboat Springs
The Ball Observatory on campus here at CMC Steamboat Springs is the generous gift of former Steamboat Springs resident Dr Robert Ball and his wife Ann. The 10 ft Pro-Dome observatory dome houses an 11" f/10 Celestron Edge HD Schmidt-Cassegrain reflector with a piggy-backed Explore Scientific f/6 ED80 APO refractor, both on a Paramount ME mount, run by The Sky X Pro. We have a large collection of eyepieces, cameras, filters and auxiliary software, including:
- Mallincam DS10C camera for EAA (Electronically Assisted Astronomy ) and live virtual and in-person star parties
- SBIG ST10XE (with filter wheel) and STF 8300M (with FW5-8300 filter wheel and off-axis guider)
- Starizona Hyperstar 11 v4 Prime focus lens
- RSpec Star Analyzer SA-100 grating for low-resolution spectroscopy
- Coronado SolarMax III 90 H-alpha solar telescope
And a large collection of portable telescopes for outreach and remote star parties.
Join us for any of our events to make use of and learn about our facility and equipment!
There are no upcoming events at this time.