The Administrative Assistant II, performs unique office functions for the Nursing Program which may include clerical, receptionist, data collection for research, supervisory, and advisory functions, to facilitate Nursing Program operations and functions. The primary responsibility is to provide clerical support for nursing program.
View/download job description: Administrative Assistant II
Pre-Requisites for the Position (Qualifications Standards)
- Administrative Assistant to full-time and adjunct faculty members (typing, filing, copies, )
- Scheduling of site faculty meetings, student/faculty meetings (site specific)
- Coordinates catering for student luncheons, informational meetings,
- Builds course sections for nursing courses (each semester)
- Compiles student information lists for faculty and maintain
- Typing tests/exams, syllabi, outlines, clinical schedules, if lead instructor is on site.
- Types class semester schedules
- Takes minutes for staff meeting at
- Assists with fundraising activities for CMC nursing scholarship
- Assists as needed with nursing lab, e. track equipment, problems, etc.
- Coordinates Nursing informational sessions for site
- Sets up files for all incoming accepted nursing students, maintaining files for ongoing year, e. immunizations, physical & history, certifications, criminal background checks, drug testing, FBI fingerprinting, etc. along with academic files.
- Assists nursing program’s main office in application process, i.e. tracking application files, assists faculty review
- Coordinates at Breckenridge TEAS (test of essential academic skills) with main nursing office at Spring Valley
- Assists with orientation of incoming
- Inventories of all nursing CD’s, videos, books, models and charts at
- Assists students getting ready for NCLEX (website to download paperwork, filing transcript request, general questions)
- Tabulates and documents results of all clinical site student surveys
- Tabulates and documents results of nursing student surveys
- Assists in review, update of ADN and RN-BSN Nursing Program Student Handbook and Nursing Program Faculty Handbook
- Assists site coordinator with new nursing faculty orientation
- Faculty information file
- New hire packet
- Maintains all course books (Electronic Whitebooks) of past 3 years, and current
- Proctors exams and classes as needed; TEAS tests, course Kaplan testing
- Maintains nursing bulletin board, scholarship information, nursing program postings, jobs, periodicals in the classroom,
- Attends staff meetings via IVS or conference call
- Assists main nursing office with faculty resource needs
- Other Duties as Assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree or two-year college certificate, vocational school or technical program beyond high school, business college or similar training efforts and 1 year related work experience, or high school diploma (GED) and 2 years related work experience.
- Variety of standard administrative and business methods and procedures; standard Microsoft Office
Read, write, speak and understand English well; operate variety of office equipment; proficient in computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail; multi-task; meet deadlines; strong verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
To apply: Please submit the required letter of interest, resume, and list of three professional references and transcripts. CMC is an EOE committed to diversifying its workforce.
External applicants: Apply Online
Internal applicants: please proceed to the HR page of Basecamp for instructions on applying for a full time position as an internal applicant.