The Colorado Mountain Promise
CMC covers tuition for qualified students
Colorado Mountain College believes every Coloradan deserves the opportunity to go to college. With the Colorado Mountain Promise, we will cover tuition for any Colorado resident whose family income is below $70,000. If you’re an independent student (typically over 24 years of age) we’ll cover your tuition if your household income is $50,000 or less.
- Colorado resident
- Has completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) by the determination date for each semester
- Dependent students (generally age 23 or less) must have a total family income of less than $70,000
- Independent students (generally age 24 and up) must have a total family income of less than $50,000
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Students seeking a degree or certificate
This program begins Fall 2022.
How it works
This program uses a combination of federal, state and institutional funds to pay your tuition. Once programs like the Pell Grant or Colorado Student Grant are factored in, CMC will make up the difference.
Get started with the Colorado Mountain Promise
Complete your FAFSA or CASFA to get started. Here's how...
Colorado Mountain Promise Determination Dates:
- Spring 2023 semester, January 29, 2023
- Summer 2023 semester, May 29, 2023
To be considered for The Colorado Mountain Promise, your FAFSA or CASFA must be official and complete by the Determination Dates listed above. This includes any follow-up requirements (including verification) that may be requested after your initial FAFSA or CASFA is processed.