COVID-19 Procedures for Students and Employees for the 2022-2023 Academic Year
CMC is actively monitoring COVID-19 developments and guidance from the CDC, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), and local public health agencies. The college will begin the 2022-2023 academic year under similar guidelines that worked well for students, faculty, and staff in this past spring.
Vaccinations required only for student athletes and select programs
Students, faculty, and staff are highly encouraged to get vaccinated for COVID-19 and to remain up-to-date on all boosters as recommended and when eligible.
Proof of being up-to-date on vaccines is a requirement for college athletes and students participating in study abroad trips.
Programs requiring vaccinations include health care, public safety and first responder programs where vaccination is required for clinical or internship placement.
Find your Vaccination Location
CMC’s procedural guidelines for masks/face coverings:
- Masks/face-coverings are generally not required in CMC buildings, classrooms, or residence halls.
- The CDC recommends masks be worn when around others following a positive COVID test or close contact with a person testing positive, regardless of vaccination status:
- For those testing positive for COVID-19, wear a well-fitting mask for the 5 additional days following your 5-day isolation period.
- For those who had close contact with someone who tested positive, wear a well-fitting mask around others for 10 days following the date of contact.
- Masks remain optional for anyone that is more comfortable wearing one. Students with general concerns about face-to-face courses are encouraged to use high quality face coverings such as KN95 masks.
Crush COVID Commitments
COVID, particularly the highly transmissible Omicron variant, is a threat to everyone in our mountain communities. Help us keep crushing COVID by following these important precautions.