Responsible for the day-to-day operation of assigned classroom(s), coordination of curriculum planning and implementation, and the documentation of assigned children’s developmental progress. The incumbent must also appropriately address or coordinate with the center director/management any relevant information or issues concerning or related to children and their parents/guardians.
View/download job description: Early Childhood Teacher
Pre-requisites for Position (Qualifications Standards)
- BA or Associates degree in early childhood education, elementary education, human services, child development or related field.
- 2 years professional experience in early childhood education, childcare operations or child development.
- Early Childhood Teacher (formerly group leader) qualified as defined by the Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care, rules regulating childcare centers.
- Clearance from a criminal history background check and central registry of child protection required.
Core Competencies Include:
- Background in organizing multiple tasks and activities.
- Ability to understand childcare educational research and/or best practices, and convert/apply to the classroom.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain administrative, quality control, and measurement criteria and processes.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend appropriate solutions/changes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing as well as the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and parents.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with tact, both personnel and operational, as well as the ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrable organizational skills and attention to detail.
Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to working in a culturally competent environment and the ability to effectively work with students, employees, and community members having diverse backgrounds.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) or conversational language abilities preferred.
To apply: Please submit the required letter of interest, a resume, and a list of three professional references. CMC is an EOE committed to diversifying its workforce.
Internal applicants: Apply Online
Internal Applicants: Please proceed to the HR page of Basecamp for instructions on applying for a position as an internal applicant.