Ben ButlerAdjunct Instructor of Outdoor Education and Emergency Medicine
970-389-7594 | email@example.com
- Bachelor of Arts, photoPhysics, Skidmore College
- Master of Education, Experiential Learning and Development, Plymouth State University (expected completion December 2016)
- OUT 129 - Ice Climbing I
- OUT 130 - Ice Climbing II
- OUT 164 - Alpine Rescue
- OUT 165 - Climbing Self Rescue
- OUT 166 - High Angle Rescue
- OUT 221 - Top Rope Climbing
- OUT 222 - Sport Climbing
- HPR 102 - CPR for Professionals
- HWE-139 - Wilderness First Responder
- Rock & Ice Climbing, Mountain Biking, Backcountry Skiing, Search and Rescue, Experiential Learning
Ben is a WEMT-IV, AMGA certified Single Pitch Instructor and the current President for Summit County Rescue Group. In addition to holding the office of President, Ben is one of 9 mission coordinators, a member of the Rapid Avalanche Deployment Team, Rapid Technical Deployment Team and a Swiftwater Technician.
Ben primarily teaches rock and ice climbing as well as technical rescue classes and wilderness emergency medicine classes. Ben has worked for Colorado Mountain College since 2011 and finds the small class sizes to be a great benefit to students.