Brian TaylorAssistant Professor, Emergency Medical Services and Program Director for Wilderness EMS
970-989-1324 | email@example.com
- B.S. Outdoor Education, Northland College, Ashland WI
- NREMT - Paramedic, Saint Anthony Pre-hospital Services/Centura Hospital Denver, Co
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIP
- Colorado EMS Instructor / Primary / Administrator, Colorado Paramedic
- Wilderness EMT/Instructor
- Mountain Rescue Association Active Member
- National Association Search and Rescue Active Member
- 20+ year veteran Summit County Rescue Group
- Professional member, American Avalanche Association
- Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment Snow Technician
- Society Professional Rope Assess Technician Level 1 Certified
- Summit Country Rescue Group Helicopter Technical Rescue Deployment Team
- Incident Command System 100-400 and Multi-Agency Coordination
Brian has served as faculty at the Breckenridge campus since 2006 when he created the Wilderness EMS program. In addition to directing the WEMS program, Brian is the lead instructor for many of the wilderness rescue & medicine courses.
Brian moved to Colorado in 1994 working as a wilderness guide instructing multi-week expeditions mountaineering, backpacking, rafting & climbing throughout Colorado, Alaska, Canada & Iceland. Brian has been an active member on summit county rescue group since 2000 and has served as training director, team leader, wilderness SAR paramedic and is on the summer and winter Flight for Life Rapid deployment program.
Brian has worked as a paramedic with local ambulance agencies and ski clinics since 2006. Brian and his wife Julia, spend their free time traveling the world, seeking out the next biking, skiing and paddling adventures.