Help Pay for Your Education with Grants

Federal, state or local grant funds generally do not have to be repaid

Federal Pell Grant
Pell Grants are awarded to help undergraduates (students who have not earned a Bachelor or Professional Degree) pay for their education after high school. For many students, these grants provide a "foundation" of financial aid to which aid from other federal and non-federal sources may be added. Grants generally do not have to be repaid. Awards may range up to $6,345 during the 2020-21 academic year. See Federal Pell Grants

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
The FSEOG Grant is a grant to help pay for a student's education after high school. It is for undergraduates only. A student could get up to $1,800 per academic year, depending on need, the availability of FSEOG funds at CMC, and the amount of other aid awarded. See SEOG Grants

Money made available from the Colorado General Assembly to help you pay for your education. State grants include:

College Responsibility Program (CRP)
Colorado residents enrolled at least half time may get up to $3,000 per academic year from CRP per academic year, depending on need, the availability of CRP funds at CMC, and the amount of other aid awarded.

State Aid Merit Grant (SAM)
The qualifications to be eligible for SAM includes being a resident of the state, in a degree-seeking program, enrolled in 12 or more degree-applicable credits, filed a complete and valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate year and in good standing with Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).  In addition, SAM is offered to assist moderate-level income families whose EFC is mid-range.  Students may receive up to $1000 per year.

Short Career and Technical Education Certificate (CTE)
CTE funds are a limited and restricted pool of funds for students in short, technical programs that are not otherwise eligible for federal or state aid or concurrently in an aid-eligible program.  Awarding requirements require a complete and valid FAFSA for the appropriate aid year, enrolled in at least 12 degree-applicable credits and making Satisfactory Academic Progress.  Students may receive $1000 or more (maximum allowable is $2250).

Award amounts are subject to change; stay in touch with the financial aid office.