NO BARRIERS FUND
Created in honor of Alexandra Yajko, first CEO of the CMC Foundation
The CMC Foundation’s No Barriers Fund assists with unexpected or emergency financial barriers that prevent Colorado Mountain College students from completing their certificates or degrees.
Gifts from the No Barriers Fund are made available to qualified CMC student applicants year-round, based on funds available. Student applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by designated campus representatives including a campus Financial Aid Specialist. Final approval is contingent on the below criteria.
Recipients of these funds are encouraged to pay back some or all of the money they receive, if and when they can, to pay-it-forward to other students.
The No Barriers Fund is reliant entirely on the generosity of donors.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Successful completion of at least 12 credit hours (at CMC or via transfer credits)
- Currently enrolled at CMC at least half-time (6* credit hours minimum).
- Currently meets CMC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements.
- Student has successfully completed FAFSA (if eligible) and campus has additionally referred student to any alternative funding options for assistance.
- $500* maximum total award/per student. Award should be based on need and can not put student funding over the cost-of-attendance maximum allowed by law.
- Awards are paid directly into student account.
* If fewer than 6-credits are needed for certificate or degree completion, then student is eligible for a partial, pro-rated award of: 5 credits = max award of $415/ 4 credits = $335/ 3 credits = max award of $250.