Marjorie Schreiber Lear, MLISAssistant Dean of Instruction
970-625-6943 | email@example.com
- Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS), University of Pittsburgh
- BA, Cultural Anthropology, University of Michigan
- “Communicating Value and Enhancing Library Use through Finding Common Language”, Academic Library Impact Research Grant, 2018
- American Library Association – Instruction Section
- National Association to Promote Library & Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish Speaking (REFORMA)
My family – husband/library director, Brett, and 6-year-old son, Wade, live in Rifle with our assortment of pets, including two giant cats, an old dachshund/terrier, and a goofy white lab/pit puppy with one blue and one brown eye.
Travel and exploring cultural diversity are my greatest interests and have informed my educational and career paths. I studied in Costa Rica, Peru and Mexico, and as a bilingual librarian in a variety of settings (public, university & community college) before joining Colorado Mountain College. I have loved learning something new – about people and the world – every day as I helped students with their research.
Prior to working as an ADI, I served as adjunct faculty in HSE/GED, ESL & Go2Work (LINK to Success) programs.