Associate of General Studies in Engineering
Get a Low-Cost, High-Quality Engineering Degree
Enrollment in this engineering program is limited to 20 students per academic year. Classes are small. The program is designed to provide a great deal of personal instruction and one-on-one interaction with faculty members.
Colorado Mountain College Engineering program offers:
- Small classes with one-on-one interaction
- Expert faculty members in the field of engineering
- Real world lab and software experience
- A broad curriculum that covers design, manufacturing, mechanics and thermal sciences
- The flexibility to transfer to other engineering and science programs in Colorado
- The mountain lifestyle of Steamboat Springs and Breckenridge, Colorado, premier outdoor destinations
Two-year transfer program connects you with engaged faculty, small classes and high academic standards
This is your chance to earn an engineering degree without drowning in debt! Skip the cost of high tuition for the first two years and get a strong start at Colorado Mountain College. You’ll get plenty of time with faculty and many hands-on learning opportunities.
This transfer program is designed primarily to prepare you for a career in mechanical engineering. Our students have also successfully pursued electrical, aerospace and civil engineering majors after transferring to a four-year program.
From the program at CMC in Steamboat Springs, 100 percent of students who have completed year two have transferred and earned a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
Colorado Mountain College engineering students have transferred to and completed engineering degrees at the University of Colorado (Boulder and Denver), Colorado State University, Colorado School of Mines and the University of Wyoming.
See more information about transferring to the engineering program at the University of Colorado at Boulder.