Curricula for the Associate of Applied Science Medical Assistant Program
See the program curricula (below) as published in the current CMC Catalog. Click on the blue course titles to see course details.
Medical Assistant (AAS) Curriculum
Medical Assistant Certificate Curriculum
Learning Outcomes for Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant Program’s curriculum is designed to give students the diverse skills needed for success in today’s rapidly evolving field of health care in medical assisting. Students develop skills in the health care field in alignment with our Mission, Vision and Values.
- Qualify for employment in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Display professionalism in their appearance, job performance, and ability to work as team members within the various settings of healthcare delivery.
- Pass the National Medical Assistant Certification Exam with 80% or better.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of patients from different age groups and cultures.
- Display professionalism and cultural sensitivity while interacting and communicating with providers, staff and patients.
- Perform administrative duties related to scheduling, billing, coding, and practice finances and information management in the healthcare setting.
- Understand the processes and perform the duties for clinical support.
- Apply legal concepts within the scope of practice for Medical Assisting and healthcare in general.
- Manage the office and ambulatory care environment.
- Provide patient education and current community resource information.
- Perform within the ethical and legal boundaries of the Medical Assistant's scope of practice.
- Maintain currency within their field through continuing education opportunities.
Colorado Mountain College Medical Assistant is an accredited State of Colorado Career Technical Education program.