Medical Billing & Coding Certificate
Fast Track into the Health Care Industry with in-demand job skills for a fast growing job market
Learn medical coding for insurance reimbursement and billing. These skills are sought in physician office, billing, and insurance companies.
The health care industry is projected keep its current fast rate of growth creating high demand for specialized job skills. Colorado Mountain College's Medical Billing/Coding Certificate will give you a sound knowledge of industry practices, including:
- Billing procedures and regulations
- Medical coding rules and regulations
All Medical Billing/Coding courses are offered online. Meet with your adviser for a recommended sequence of courses.
All Medical Billing/Coding students must successfully pass a mandatory background check and drug screen in order to participate and be placed in a clinical setting.
Students must demonstrate college-level proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics as prerequisites for courses within this program. Skills in these areas may affect the sequence of courses in which students can enroll and may also extend the time required to complete this program. For more details, please see Academic Placement and Testing.
In order to participate in the program, students must:
- A physical health exam with the Health History form completed, including documentation of immunizations is required prior to beginning program lab courses including; Hepatitis B, Varicella (chicken pox) or proof (titer) of having had the disease, MMR, Influenza (current season) and Tetanus.
- A TB test is required at least once per year prior to Internship or TB Gold test
- Current healthcare provider CPR HealthCare Provider certification prior to practicum;
- Proof of successful completion of a criminal background check prior to Internship (form/instructions included in clinic manual) and drug screen
- Signed Technical Abilities form (instructor will provide)
- CMC Worker’s Compensation form (instructor will provide)
- CMC Liability Waiver (instructor will provide)
Internships are integral to the certificate program. At the completion you are eligible to take the National Certified Professional Coding (CPC) exam. Course work must be completed prior to Internships and in cooperation with the Program Coordinator.
For federal student aid purposes, this program is defined as a Career and Technical Education program that meets the minimum requirements for financial aid eligibility. Please see Financial Aid for general and contact information.
Get More Information
Find out more about the Medical Billing/Coding Certificate and how to enroll. Contact: