Program Learning Outcomes are what we expect each student will learn while earning a degree or certificate. Meeting these learning outcomes is how we assess our performance as a college. Our learning outcomes support both important career skills and future success as a student.
Upon completing the Nursing (AAS) program, CMC students will be able to:
- Functions as a competent nurse assimilating all professional, ethical, and legal principles while implementing the roles of the professional nurse.
- Provides leadership in a variety of healthcare settings for diverse patient populations.
- Provides quality, safe, patient-centered nursing care through evidence-based practice.
- Participates in collaborative relationships with members of the interdisciplinary team for the purpose of providing and improving patient care.
- Analyzes patient situations and applies critical thinking skills and strategies necessary to provide quality patient care & continuous quality improvement.
- Uses information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, prevent error, and support decision-making.