Curriculum for Medical Assistant: Phlebotomy Certificate
See the program curriculum (below) as published in the current CMC Catalog. Click on the blue course titles to see course details.
Medical Assistant: Phlebotomy Certificate Curriculum
To find current class availability and schedules see:
Learning Outcomes for Phlebotomy
The Phlebotomy Program's curriculum is designed to give students the diverse skills needed for success in today's rapidly evolving field of health care. Students develop skills in the health care field in alignment with our Mission, Vision, and Values.
1. Know the history of phlebotomy
2. Understand the importance of phlebotomy and the role of the phlebotomist
3. Be familiar with all sections of the laboratory, and other hospital departments
4. Have a knowledge of the ethical/legal aspects of the phlebotomist
5. Become eligible to take the National RPT (Registered Phlebotomy Technician) exam through AMT (American Medical Technologists)
Colorado Mountain College's Phlebotomy program is an accredited State of Colorado Career and Technical Education program.