Curricula for Ski and Snowboard Business
See the program curricula (below) as published in the current CMC Catalog. Click on the blue course titles to see course details.
Ski and Snowboard Business (AAS) Curriculum
Ski and Snowboard Business Certificate Curriculum
SnowSports Industries America (SIA) Certificate Curriculum
Action Sports Certificate Curriculum
To find current class availability and schedules see:
Learning Outcomes for Ski & Snowboard Business
The Ski and Snowboard Business Program’s curriculum is designed to give students the diverse skills needed for employment and growth success in the ski & snowboard industry. The program also incorporates professional business practices, career options, ethics and a liberal arts foundation.
- Analyze boot, ski, and board problems and identify and initiate solutions.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of tools and materials for Ski and Snowboard tuning.
- Organize retail store layouts.
- Use basic foot anatomy, physiology, and bio-mechanics to properly fit ski and snowboard boots.
- Explain material resource management and sourcing.
- Demonstrate employee management skills for wholesale and retail operations.
- Explain small business management procedures for independent ski corporate representation.
- Develop and demonstrate communication skills.
- Integrate the development of customer relationships into management plans.
- Apply knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Illustrate global marketing and production planning.
Colorado Mountain College Ski & Snowboard Business is an accredited State of Colorado Career Technical Education program.