Ski Area Operations Residential Track
Live and learn in Leadville, gain experience at Colorado’s best ski areas
With five major mountain resorts, including Breckenridge and Vail, about an hour from campus, the Ski Area Operations program keeps you close to the sport you love and prepares you to be a leader in the industry.
GET REAL EXPERIENCE AT WORLD-CLASS COLORADO SKI RESORTS
The best way to learn Ski Area Management is to experience it first-hand. Drive a snow groomer. Help build a new ski trail. Repair a gondola. Colorado Mountain College's epic locale and hands-on philosophy give you the chance to actively work on some of the most notable slopes in the nation.
Hands-on opportunities to:
- Work on major ski competitions such as the World Cup races
- Be involved in large-scale international events
- Network with high-level ski and snowboard professionals
- Intern at any winter resort in the world
- Learn about the wide range of mountain conditions
- Use state-of-the-art equipment and cutting-edge technology
Required internships take students to their choice of any winter resort in the world. As an intern you are paid regular wages and can expect guidance and supervision from both ski area management personnel and your Colorado Mountain College Ski Area Operations instructors. Many students make contacts during their internships that lead directly to employment.