Finish What You Started Scholarship
Have you earned college credits but have no degree? We can help you Finish What You Started!
Our Finish What You Started Scholarship helps individuals who have earned college credits finance an associate's degree. This scholarship is for people who are not currently attending college but have college credits that may be close to earning a degree. If it's been more than a year since you took a college class, you're likely eligible.
Schedule an appointment with one of our counselors to review credits you already have earned, find out how many credits you have remaining to earn a degree, and if you qualify for this scholarship. You may be closer than you realize and, with this scholarship, it's more affordable than ever to Finish What You Started.
How much is the discount?
Students who take 6 to 11.9 credits may receive a scholarship up to $250 per semester, $750 for three semesters.
Students who take 12 credits or more may receive a scholarship up to $500 per semester, $1,500 for three semesters.
This scholarship is available for the Spring, Summer and Fall Semesters in 2021.
This scholarship is only available for the Spring, Summer, and Fall Semesters in 2021 or until funds are exhausted.
See if you qualify...
- Must not have an existing two-year degree or higher
- Live within the CMC District and have an In-District tuition classification
- Have stopped out of college for at least one year (12 continuous months)
- Have a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Must have earned at least 24 credits from previous attendance (Can be a combination of both previous credits completed a different institution and/or CMC credits)
- Complete the CMC application and declare a degree
- Complete a FAFSA and complete verification, if selected. Students ineligible to complete the FAFSA may also be eligible.
- Good SAP standing
- Schedule an advising appointment and provide unofficial transcripts
If you have any questions, please contact Sierra Verburg
CMC Responds – Back to Work Scholarship
You may also qualify for this scholarship, if you are a displaced worker affected by layoffs because of the COVID-19 pandemic and admissible to CMC.