Mountain Scholars Program
Receive up to $4,000 per year to help pay for college
Start at Colorado Mountain College, stay at CMC or transfer to a four-year college to graduate.
Along with financial support, Summit County first generation students receive:
- One-on-One Mentoring
- Academic Tutoring
- Degree and Career Counseling
- Financial Navigation
- College and Transfer Navigation
- Other Additional Support Services
Scholarships are given up to $500 for sophomore year and up to $4,000 for junior and senior year through The Summit Foundation.*
*Required to qualify:
- First generation student (neither parent has completed a four year degree).
- Local to Summit County (2+ years in the county and established in the community).
- Enrolled at CMC Summit for year 1-2 and participate in the CMC Mentor Program.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher for Associate level classes, and a minimum 2.5 GPA for Bachelor level classes.
- Have plans to enroll in a partnering four-year program at CMC or a college/university.
- Incoming Sophomores
- Incoming Juniors and Seniors (Check back for application in Spring 2020)