Were you impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic? CMC and the Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative (COSI) are prioritizing displaced workers in our mountain communities for our scholarships.
Who is Eligible?
All students that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and those that meet the eligibility requirements below are encouraged to apply for CMC Responds: Tomorrow Ready scholarship.
Steps to Be a COSI Scholar
- Colorado residents or ASSET students eligible to pay in-state/in-district tuition
- Economically impacted by COVID-19 pandemic
- Meet income eligibility guidelines
- Must be in good standing for Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- Have a current year FAFSA or CASFA
- Will work toward credentials or degrees aligned with Colorado Top Jobs.
- Students must complete a degree or credential by Summer 2023
To remain eligible and for continuous COSI funding, students must also:
- Maintain satisfactory progress towards their credential/degree and hold a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Follow guidelines specified in their student agreement which includes, but is not limited to, receiving support from a designated advisor to help in their educational success.
If you have any questions, please contact COSI@coloradomtn.edu.
Finish What You Started Scholarship
Have you earned college credits but have no degree? You may also qualify for this scholarship.
COSI is the Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative that provides scholarships and student support in and out of the classroom.
COSI has a goal of increasing the accessibility and affordability of post-secondary education. This is made possible by money from the Colorado Department of Higher Education and matching dollars from Colorado Mountain College.
Students will receive a copy of their submitted COSI application. At the bottom (last page) of the application, students can view the final decision made. Once awarded, students may be able to see their COSI scholarship award(s) in their student portal.
Our Tomorrow Ready Scholars may see more than one COSI Scholarship award in their student portal.
Once funds have been disbursed, you will be able to see your award in Student Planning.
Your COSI advisor will be assigned to you and will contact you through your CMC student email soon after you have been awarded.
Students who are accepted and actively participating in the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program will work with their designated program coordinator.
If you have any questions, contact COSI@coloradomtn.edu.
Displaced workers are defined as those employees that lost employment, lost employment, and regained employment but not at the same level, temporary layoff, or reduced hours and decreased pay due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are still unsure whether you qualify, email COSI@coloradomtn.edu with information regarding your employment.
They are those students that accepted the COSI scholarship along with agreeing to the following:
- Complete program of study within two years or less.
- Meet regularly with assigned COSI Advisor.
- Complete a Self-Assessment and similar documents, to help the advisor learn more about student needs to be successful.
- For a first time college student, complete a First Year Experience course through Canvas or College 101: The Student Experience (AAA 101) or similar course at my campus during the first semester at CMC.
- Attend Student Success Workshops that may be offered at campus location (or online), with topics covering financial literacy, career skills, resume building, and more.
- Communicate with designated COSI Advisor if difficulty with a course and/or problem to strategize for greater success.
- Student responsible for personal success in this program, while advocating for needs.
Students must have an income of less than 250% of the maximum permissible income for Pell grants. This is typically determined by students demonstrating an Expected Family Contribution of $14,615 or less for the 2021/2022 academic year, as determined by their CASFA or FAFSA application.
Scholarship applications are received and processed until funds are depleted for the academic year.
All COSI Scholarship recipients must be in good standing for Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards to receive their award. We encourage students to check their student portal and their student email account to review any steps they might need to complete related to academic standing compliance.
This scholarship can be used for any types of costs associated while attending CMC. These costs include tuition, fees, books, supplies, housing, transportation, child care, and other allowable expenses.