Susanna SpauldingProfessor of Business and Entrepreneurship
719-486-4209 | email@example.com
- PhD in Education with an emphasis on Community College Leadership, Colorado State University
- MBA in Corporate Finance, New York University Stern School of Business
- BA, Liberal Arts with a major in French language and literature, including junior year in Paris, France, College of Wooster (Ohio)
Professional Certifications and Associations
- Certificate in Financial Management, General Electric Company, New York
- Certificat pratique de la langue française, Université de Paris, Sorbonne, Paris
- Secondary French Teaching Preparation, University of Akron, Ohio
- Colorado Teaching Certificate, Secondary French
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Faculty Advisor, Leadville Chapter
- CMC Faculty Senate 2012-Present; President, 2014/15
- American Association of University Professors
- Council for the Study of Community Colleges
- National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE)
Originally from Ohio, Susanna’s business and management career took place in New York City working for the United Nations, General Electric, Scholastic Inc. and the New York City Police Department in research, financial analysis, and budgeting. Susanna then spent six years with Peace Corps contributing to economic and community development in Botswana and Bulgaria.
Returning to the United States, Susanna found her passion for teaching and learning at Colorado Mountain College. Susanna developed and teaches courses in launching new ventures, small business management and planning, accounting, budget management, corporate social responsibility, and cultural diversity in business.
Drawn to cultural heritage, stewardship of natural resources, and civic engagement, Susanna is a member of the Chaffee County Heritage Area Advisory Board and the League of Women Voters of Chaffee County.