Ben Cairns, MPAVice President & Campus Dean of CMC Leadville & Salida
719-486-4212 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master Of Public Affairs, CU Denver
- School Leadership and Principal Licensure, University of Denver
- BA Philosophy, Wheaton College
- Presented at Colorado Youth for a Change Panel: Innovation through a Pandemic: What We’ve Learned and What We’ll Carry Forward
- Presented at Changelab Solutions Panel: Policy Solutions to Address Systemic Racism in Education
- Presented at the 2018 Public Health Law Conference in Phoenix on the topic of Restorative Justice and Public Health
- Presented at the 2019 National Association of Community and Restorative Justice
- Gonzalez, Thalia N.C. and Cairns, Benjamin. “Moving Beyond Exclusion.” Justice for Kids, Edited by Nancy E. Dowd, New York, USA: New York University Press, 2011.
- Supported with and participated in the Study: Building Health and WellBeing in Schools: A Study of Restorative Justice Practices and Girls of Color
- Recognized in Chalkbeat Article: How a Colorado school district turned things around at 10,000 feet above sea level
- Recognized by the Colorado Trust: A Rural School Tries a New Approach to Discipline
- Presented at multiple school districts from 2008-2016 including Adams 12, Adams 14, Boulder Valley, Aurora Public Schools, Gunnison Public Schools, Santa Barbara Public Schools (CA),
- Appointed member of the 2011 Legislative Task Force to Study School Discipline leading to SB-12-46
Wife, Celesta, two teenage boys, Matt and Jake.
All forms of skiing: alpine, ski mountaineering, backcountry, nordic, racing, etc. Mountain biking, mountaineering, hiking, fly fishing and trail running. I also enjoy speaking Spanish, traveling, reading, public affairs, politics and policy and connecting with diverse cultures.