Services & Activities for TRIO Student Service Support
We offer a variety of free services and activities throughout the year for TRIO SSS students.
- Mentoring & Support – surround yourself with a support group of faculty, staff and other student who care your success at CMC… and your future!
- Career Exploration – we help you wade through the many choices and majors; provide a professional sounding board on which to bounce important decision-making options.
- Financial Literacy – we provide resources that will help you to improve your financial literacy skills and stay out of college debt
- Student Success Seminars – you will learn the secrets of test taking, time and stress management, internet research, resume writing, and so much more.
- Free Tutoring – we help you to get the academic support you need to improve your writing and math skills, as well as other course content areas.
College/University Transfer Assistance
- Take advantage of one of our transfer visit trips or just tap into our vast resources that will help you find the best fit after your CMC experience is completed.
Activities & Events
- Students will expand their understanding of in CMC and in the wider world by attending events such as rafting, ropes course, theater and music performances.
- There are also opportunities to give back to your community through service projects. Our biggest event of the year is National TRIO Day; a chance to for students to raise awareness and say thank you to a community that supports us. Past TRIO Day activities include:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Food Drive
- First Generation College Student Celebrations
- Mountain Valley Horse Rescue
For the latest events and Success Seminar info visit the TRIO SSS Canvas page (login required) or contact your TRIO SSS coordinator.