Jonathan BurkAssistant Professor of Emergency Medical Services and Fire Science
719-486-4389 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.A. History, Minor Environmental Studies, Hampden-Sydney College
- NREMT - Paramedic, Colorado Mountain College
- Creighton University - Critical Care Paramedic
Professional Certifications & Associations
- American Heart Association - Instructor
- Colorado EMS Instructor, Primary Instructor, Program Administrator
- National Ski Patrol
- National Association of EMS Educators
- Desert Mountain Medicine - Instructor
- Lake County Search and Rescue - Command Staff
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician
- American Institute of Avalanche Research and Education
Since 2019, Jonathan Burk has worked as an instructor, adjunct, and faculty member for Colorado Mountain College teaching EMS with the Leadville EMT-Basic program and Paramedic program in Edwards.
In addition to working as full-time faculty, Jonathan works as a Ski Patroller and Paramedic at Copper Mountain and Lake County Search and Rescue. Previously, he worked as a Paramedic, Training Coordinator, and Director of St. Vincent Hospital Ambulance Service where he now serves on the Board of Directors.
Jonathan worked for 9 summers as a Counselor, Assistant Director, and Director at Cheley Colorado Camps. He has worked as a Fly Fishing Guide for The Colorado Angler in Silverthorne since 2014.