Chris SchiererAssociate Professor, Paramedic Program
970-569-2939 | email@example.com
- Master of Science in Health, University of North Florida, 2014
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Florida International University, 2012
- Associate in Emergency Medicine, Colorado Mountain College, 2006
- Bachelor of Exercise Science, Florida Atlantic University, 1996
Chris taught as an adjunct professor for CMC from 2014 to 2017, and assumed the role of Paramedic Coordinator in December, 2017. Some of the previous courses he taught include phlebotomy, anatomy and physiology, basic arrhythmia interpretation, EMT basic, intravenous therapy and paramedic lab.
Prior to his position at CMC, Chris worked as a clinical exercise physiologist for the Vail Valley Medical Center and Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida. Experience as a clinical exercise physiologist included treatment and rehabilitation for patients recovering from heart attack, stroke, cancer, traumatic brain injury, burns, spinal cord injury, hip fracture, single and double leg amputations, and other miscellaneous ailments.
Earlier experience includes a career as a paramedic firefighter in Palm Coast, Florida. Chris also has taught — and continues to teach — Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support and Basic Life Support.
- National Registry Paramedic (2006-current)
- AMT Certified Phlebotomist (2015-current)
- AHA Basic Life Support Instructor (2008-current)
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor (2014-current)
- NAEMT Prehospital Trauma Life Support Instructor (2014-current)
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (1999-2017)
- Palm Cost Fire Department (2007-2013)
- CPR Coordinator and Instructor (2008-2013)
- Field Training Officer (2010-2013)
- Pro Board Fire Officer I and II
- Pro Board Pump and Aerial Apparatus Operator
- Swift Water Rescue Technician
- Confined Space Rescue Technician
- Rope Rescue Technician
- Trench Rescue Technician
Please feel free to contact Chris (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions related to the paramedic program at CMC.