Study Accounting at Colorado Mountain College
Give your career a boost or even start your four-year degree in accounting and business with the Accounting Program at CMC
CMC is one of the top accounting schools in Colorado, and our accounting degree program offers you the opportunity to develop a mixture of basic communication and mathematics skills, technical accounting and computer skills, and basic business skills necessary to success in a business world that increasingly relies on information processing communication.
The accounting certificate program provides you with entry-level skills as an accounting clerk or bookkeeper. If you are currently employed, the certificate program provides an opportunity for job upgrading.
Program at a Glance
Degree: Accounting: Professional Bookkeeper (AAS)
Degree: Accounting: Tax Return Preparer (AAS)
Degree: Accounting: Bookkeeper (Cert)
See tuition information below
What will I learn?
- Measurement. Accounting professionals are frequently called upon to provide “measurements.” Measures should be both relevant and reliable (GAAP / OCBOA).
- Reporting. Communicating the scope of work and findings or recommendations is an integral part of a professional service.
- Research. The individual preparing to enter the accounting profession needs to have strong research skills to access relevant guidance or other information, understand it, and apply it.
- Leverage technology. Individuals entering the accounting profession must acquire the necessary skills to use technology tools effectively and efficiently to enhance personal, functional and broad-business perspective competencies.
Where will I go from here?
For anyone looking to get an accounting degree in Colorado, our accounting program provides you with entry-level skills in the field of accounting. Graduates will be prepared for employment as:
- Accounting paraprofessionals
- Accounting assistants
- Computer accounting assistants in public accounting, industry and government.
If you are currently employed, the accounting degree offers the opportunity for job upgrading. If you wish to transfer, consider the Associate of Arts Program.
What classes will I take?
Accounting: Professional Bookkeeper AAS (online catalog)
Accounting: Tax Return Preparer AAS (online catalog)
Bookkeeper Certificate (online catalog)
How much is tuition?
Don’t go deep into debt. Find your affordable education here! Colorado Mountain College tuition is one of the lowest in Colorado, and is lower than in-state tuition in many other states. See more tuition information and net price calculators.
Tuition Rates for this program
per Credit Hour
|See Residency Requirements, District Map
*Based on an estimated 15 credits per semester.
**Colorado residents who own a second home in the six-county CMC District may qualify. See In-district.
***Non-residents who own a second home in the six-county CMC District may qualify for a limited, special rate. See Second Home Owner Rate.
Special Tuition Rates at CMC
You may qualify for a significant tuition discount at Colorado Mountain College.
per Credit Hour
|Vets & Military Families||$103||$1,545|
|CMC Service Area||$103||$1,545|
|Western States (WUE)||$160.50||$2,407.50|
|*Based on an estimated 15 credits per semester
See Residency Requirements
See Second Home Owner Tuition Rate
See District Employer Sponsored Rate