High School Equivalency Diploma (HSE/GED)

A CMC graduate receives a hug after his commencement ceremony.

High School Equivalency Diploma (HSE/GED)

Earn a High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma by passing the GED test

Let CMC help you attain your High School Equivalency Diploma. The Colorado Department of Education will issue your diploma upon successful completion of the four (4) official General Educational Development (GED) tests.

The required tests are designed to demonstrate competency in the high school subjects of Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts. The official tests are proctored by Pearson Vue Test Centers.

The High School Equivalency pathway supports students under the age of 21 who are either ready to take their Official GED exams or those who may need a little more assistance in preparing for the tests and sharpening their test taking strategies.

This is also a good choice for anyone who started their GED testing process and needs to finish that last official test.

If you are 21 or older you can earn your Adult High School Diploma at CMC.

Depending on your academic skill level, the HSE pathway can take anywhere from a single day of testing to months or years — as long as you need.

Earning a High School Equivalency Diploma allows students to access Federal, State and Local financial assistance programs that can assist in earning certificates or degrees to further their educational and career goals.


The cost of the High School Equivalency Diploma is $65 plus testing costs as determined by the GED Testing Service (GEDTS).

Schedule an appointment to talk with an advisor / Haga una cita para platicar con un asesor

Make an appointment / Haga una cita

How to Apply to CMC and Register for HSE/GED Classes

Step 1

Apply to CMC

If you have never taken a CMC class before or have been away for three semesters or more, please fill out this form to apply to CMC. This is not your class registration.

Apply to CMC

Step 2

The day after submitting your application, contact or visit your campus to register and pay for your classes.