CMC Vision, Mission, Values, and Guiding Principles
In establishing the process and focus for Reaching Greater Heights (2019-23), the CMC Board of Trustees and college leadership, along with the college community, reaffirmed CMC’s vision, mission, values, and guiding principles as defined in Reaching New Heights (2014-18).
Vision: our desired future
We aspire to be the most inclusive and innovative student-centered college in the nation, elevating the economic, social, cultural, and environmental vitality of our beautiful Rocky Mountain communities.
Mission: Why we exist, what we do, and what we offer
Colorado Mountain College offers a dynamic, innovative, and high-quality teaching and learning experience serving a diverse population in a student-centered, inclusive, and personalized learning environment. Committed to both affordable and accessible education, CMC offers a comprehensive array of undergraduate programs and lifelong learning opportunities helping all students meet their individual educational goals.
Values: The basis for ethical action
- We believe higher education and lifelong learning provide a vital and necessary foundation for an egalitarian society.
- We care about each other and treat everyone with civility, dignity, and respect.
- We encourage open and honest communication and honor all ideas and opinions.
- We embrace diversity in its many forms and work actively to create an inclusive and welcoming college community.
- We act with integrity to build trust in our personal and professional relationships.
Guiding Principles: Decision-making and resource allocation
- We collaborate with one another and with external partners.
- We apply the principles of sustainability to foster social equity, economic vitality, and environmental health.
- We strive for excellence and innovation in all we do.
- We create a positive working environment and a stimulating and enjoyable teaching and learning experience.
- We hold ourselves responsible and accountable for our actions.
- We maintain the public trust through responsible stewardship and fiscal transparency.
- We meet challenges with thoughtful deliberation and purposeful action.
CMC Strategic Plan
Reaching Greater Heights (2019-23)
Strategic Plan One-Page Summary
One-page view of Reaching Greater Heights (2019-23)