Colorado Mountain College in Leadville
Nestled at the base of Colorado’s highest peaks: a tight-knit college community united by outdoor adventure
It doesn't get more "Colorado" than Leadville. This is the place to forget the complications of city life and embrace open space and miles of opportunity. At Colorado Mountain College Leadville, you don't have to choose between your education and the call of the wild. Our programs are designed to enhance the Colorado mountain lifestyle.
Catch sunrise over the Sawatch Range from your room in the Mountain View Residence Hall, explore miles of campus trails, or plot your next expedition. Enjoy the benefits of living on-campus with a tight community of friends. CMC Leadville provides amenities like access to a lending library of four-season outdoor gear, indoor climbing wall, backyard terrain park, and an 18-hole disc golf course through the pines.
Get inspired at one of the most beautiful mountain campuses in the nation. Your adventure is waiting.
- Elevation - 10,200 feet
- Student/Teacher Ratio - 13:1
- Transfer-friendly pathways with affordable credits.
- Only college in the Rocky Mountains offering a Ski Area Operations degree
- Over 40 degrees & certificate options to choose from
- Within 1 hour to world-class resorts Vail, Copper, Breckenridge and more
- Home to the world-famous Leadville Race Series: Leadville 100 MTB & Trail Run
- Outdoor Pursuits Club: gear and CMC-sponsored adventures
Access to affordable, healthy, food.
@ Colorado Mountain College Leadville
Explore degrees offered at CMC Leadville
Credit or non-credit, find your next Leadville class
FACULTY & STAFF
Meet the CMC Leadville Faculty and Staff
Live on campus and experience mountain life and learning
“The skills necessary to explore every inch of this world.”
- Ryan Edwards, Outdoor Recreation Leadership Graduate
Housing at Leadville
Learn about the off-campus housing options in Leadville and surrounding area.