Earn Your Paralegal Degree or Certificate at Colorado Mountain College
Prepare for a career in a private law firm or in a government office with the Paralegal Certificate from CMC
Legal matters touch nearly every facet of our lives. Because lawyers are called upon more and more, they increasingly need trained professionals who can assist them. As a paralegal, you will perform the background research and documentation that lawyers need to counsel and represent their clients.
Prepare for a career in a private law firm or in a government office with the Paralegal certificate program at Colorado Mountain College.
What will I learn?
Your paralegal education at Colorado Mountain College begins with understanding different areas of the law, definitions, contracts and principles of research. Our paralegal certification program has a strong emphasis on communication skills which will be important in your paralegal career.
- Provide fundamental and substantive education in the most common legal fields such as contracts, torts, family, etc.
- Understanding of the legal system both civil and criminal.
- Working knowledge of the United States Constitution and its Amendments
- Acquire knowledge of how to correctly comply with the Rules of Civil/Criminal Procedure
- Knowledge of correct legal writing
Where can I go from here?
Career opportunities for paralegals are projected to grow by 33 percent in this decade. Private law firms are the largest employers of paralegals, but these skills are now being required by other organizations such as banks, insurance and real estate companies, corporate legal departments and governmental agencies.