State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

Colorado Mountain College has been approved by the Colorado Department of Higher Education to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) through the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education. Through CMC’s voluntary participation in NC-SARA, the institution is able to deliver educational experiences outside of Colorado.

Learn more about NC-SARA.

CMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.

State Authorization Student Complaint Procedure

Colorado Mountain College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner. Students residing outside of Colorado while attending CMC who desire to resolve a grievance should first follow the college's complaint procedure found on our Your Right to Know webpage.

The student should begin the complaint process with the institution and if resolution is not found, the student would contact the institution’s home state SARA Portal Entity.

Professional Licensure

Professional Licensure is defined a process of State or other governmental entities that establishes standards of practice and gives legal permission to practice a profession by providing licenses or certifications to individuals who meet those standards (Sara Policy Manual, pg. 12).

CMC programs that are accredited by discipline and may or may not lead to licensure in Colorado. See CMC's list of Program–Specific Accreditation and Approvals.

While students who successfully complete a licensure preparation program at CMC will be prepared to pursue licensure in Colorado, it has not yet been determined if those programs meet licensure requirements in states or U.S. territories beyond Colorado. Students are strongly encouraged to work with the academic department and the applicable professional licensure board in the state in which they intend to pursue licensing PRIOR TO ENROLLMENT AT CMC to ensure all licensure requirements are satisfactorily met.

To assist, NC-SARA has a webpage for professional licensure information for students.