Leadership Summit Builds Awareness While Enhancing Leadership Skills
Summit County community members develop their leadership character and skills in CMC hosted collaborative program
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
Leadership Summit’s mission is to educate community and business leaders by providing experiences that will increase awareness, develop leadership skills and motivate participants to be actively engaged in Summit County. The program strives to:
- Inform participants about the challenges and opportunities facing our community and to encourage solutions and collaboration.
- Inspire leaders to become active in organization and community efforts that make Summit County a better place to work and live.
- Challenge participants to increase their awareness about themselves and their community and to maximize their leadership potential.
- Provide an opportunity to network with a variety of individuals to strengthen personal and organizational visibility.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Participants expect to gain enhanced communication skills, a spark in creativity, exposure to future business trends in Summit County and encouragement to think "outside the box." They are exposed to:
- An inclusive network of colleagues and resources
- A broad understanding of Summit County issues and developments
- A better sense of personal leadership potential and enhanced leadership skills
- Current decision makers in stimulating community leadership positions
Employers and sponsoring organizations acquire:
- Employees connected to a diverse network of dynamic leaders
- Individuals with knowledge to discuss a variety of issues impacting Summit County
- Staff energized and motivated to apply program information to organization situations
- Leaders prepared to address issues
- Recognition for community involvement
Applicants for the program must live or work in Summit County. Employed participants must have the support and commitment of their business or organization. Individuals representing a broad community spectrum will be accepted as members of Leadership Summit, Class of 2023. Applicants must have the ability to attend all sessions, barring extreme emergencies.
The program begins in September, 2022.
Download the Leadership Summit Application. Follow the instructions to submit your application.
View additional Leadership Summit Program Information.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022
For more information contact:
The September-through-May curriculum guides a selected group of diverse community professionals through a highly interactive series of sessions on critical regional issues and leadership development. Sessions include leadership training and communication style workshops, site visits, and panel discussions with local leaders and key decision makers. This is to inspire participants to address community challenges, while providing opportunities to enhance self-awareness of leadership approaches.