Elevate: A Forum for Women Finding Voice
Friday, October 27, 2023
Morgridge Commons, Glenwood Springs
Elevate: A Forum for Women Finding Voice is a platform for transforming the power of women's voices and perspectives into forward-thinking change agents for our communities' future. Elevate offers the opportunity to broaden the domain of knowledge, improve skills, and deepen relationships among women that contributes to creating equity, leadership, influence, and woman power in the workplace, their homes, and their communities.
Who should attend? Women who are committed to making a positive impact in their communities and finding their authentic voices. ELEVATE serves as a platform where like-minded women can connect, share their experiences, learn from one another, and create meaningful change.
- Empowerment: ELEVATE aims to empower women by providing them with the tools, resources, and support they need to realize their potential and become change agents in their personal and professional lives.
- Knowledge Sharing: The forum encourages women to share their experiences, expertise, and insights across various domains, enabling participants to learn from one another and broaden their perspectives.
- Skill Development: ELEVATE offers training sessions focused on building essential skills, such as leadership, communication, negotiation, and advocacy, equipping women with the abilities necessary to create impact and effectively articulate their ideas.
- Networking and Connection: The forum facilitates networking opportunities, fostering connections between women from diverse backgrounds and fields. By fostering connections, ELEVATE aims to create a supportive ecosystem where participants can work on projects, initiatives, and social causes.
- Finding Voice: ELEVATE encourages women to explore and embrace their unique voices, facilitating a safe and inclusive environment where participants can express themselves freely, build confidence, and articulate their opinions and ideas with clarity and conviction.
- Keynote & Skill-Building Sessions: ELEVATE features inspiring keynote speeches by women leaders and change-makers who share their journeys, insights, and lessons learned. Additionally, within the keynote speeches will be skill-building sessions that provide practical tools, techniques, and strategies to enhance leadership, communication, advocacy, and other essential skills.
- Panel Discussions: Engaging panel discussions bring together experts and thought leaders to address key topics and challenges relevant to women's empowerment, impact creation, and self-expression.
- Community Outreach and Engagement: ELEVATE promotes community engagement through volunteering opportunities, partnerships with nonprofit organizations, and initiatives that address pressing social issues.
- Networking Event: ELEVATE organizes a networking event, where participants can connect, exchange ideas, connect, and build long-lasting relationships.
By participating in ELEVATE, women will gain the confidence, skills, and connections needed to create a lasting impact in their communities, effect positive change, and contribute to a more inclusive and equitable world. Together, they will rise, elevate their voices, and inspire others to do the same.
Welcome & Connection Activity (Andrea + Annmarie)
1:20pm – 2:05pm
Michelle Ewalt – Presenting with Confidence
2:05pm – 2:15pm
Break/Connection Activity (Andrea facilitates)
2:15pm – 3:00pm
Katherine Fry – Empower HER: Elevating Women in the Workplace
3:00pm – 3:15pm
Break/Connection Activity (Andrea facilitates)
3:15pm – 4:00pm
Barbara Freeman - Leadership as a Creative Act
4:00pm – 4:30pm
Connection Activity/Panel of Speakers Q&A moderated by Andrea
4:30pm – 6:00pm
Dr. Barbara Freeman
Dr. Barbara Freeman is the Founder and CEO of the nonprofit Savings Collaborative. Her work centers on making a difference in people’s real-life possibilities. She has decades of experience driving positive change by creating humane and innovative initiatives addressing complex educational and socioeconomic issues. Working as a long-term consultant to the World Bank and the global NGO World Vision across five continents, she has in-depth expertise in
- education and financial technology
- developing socioemotional, 21st-century, digital, and financial skills of youth, teachers and coaches
- improving savings habits, financial resilience, and economic stability
- implementing, evaluating, and scaling outcome-based solutions
For over 20 years, Michelle Ewalt has created solutions for clients to navigate change and transition. As a coach, facilitator and consultant, Michelle works with individuals, teams and organizations on universal principles for productivity, workability and effectiveness.
Michelle’s background includes corporate, athletic and personal experiences. Coaching is an integral part of who Michelle is. Michelle knows the challenge of what change puts into action in our lives. She also knows what’s involved in change.
As with technology, Michelle works with clients to create personal operating systems to address clients’ personal challenges. Her unorthodox and evolved approach allows clients, in a customized way, to be supported on their path toward new levels of freedom and performance.
Katherine Fry is a retired Human Resources executive turned consultant and coach with 25+ years of experience and over 1,000 employees served. She continues to consult in the public and private sectors, within a variety of industries and provides HR coaching to executives, leaders and HR professionals.
Katherine possesses expertise in all facets of the human resources profession and advises and consults accordingly. She specializes in helping HR professionals, executives and organizations overcome burnout individually, collectively and organizationally via a customized, multi-tiered approach. Her certifications include SPHR, SHRM-SCP, health coaching, life coaching, mediation, facilitation and project management.