Please know that currently the processing of 2024-25 FAFSA's have been delayed by the Department of Education.
- We do not expect to receive your 2024-25 FAFSA information until Mid March.
- As a student, you can not make changes to your submitted 2024-25 FAFSA until Mid March
We will update this webpage when we receive additional information from the Department of Education. Please see the Department of Education's website for additional information.
The FAFSA Simplification Act represents a significant overhaul of the processes and systems used to award federal student aid starting with the 2024–25 award year. These changes should make completing your FAFSA easier and expand access to Federal Aid.
Are you curious what your aid offer may look like in 2024-25? Use the Department of Educations Federal Student Aid Estimator to see!
What is changing?
What is staying the same?
- Questions about the student's sex, race, and ethnicity are not communicated with the colleges that you list on your FAFSA. These have no effect on your eligibility.
- You will still use Prior-Prior tax information. So for the 2024-25 FAFSA you will use 2022 tax information.
- Direct Loan amounts and eligibility will still stay the same as in prior years.
- The priority deadlines for completing your FAFSA, and scholarship application will stay the same. This deadline is March 31st.
- You will still need to complete your FAFSA once per year.
- The Dependency questions that determine if you are Independent or Dependent will remain the same.
- The information you see above is relevant to both Independent and Dependent students.
Having Issues with completing your 2024-25 FAFSA?
Currently the 2024-25 FAFSA is in a soft launch period. The Department of Education indicates they are monitoring the site, conducting maintenance and occasionally pausing the completion of FAFSA to fix issues.