Ski Area Operations Faculty
Colorado Mountain Instructors have International Connections and Expertise
Your teachers know what it takes to succeed on the operations side of the ski industry. They have worked on international projects and made valuable connections that stretch across the globe.
Colorado Mountain College teachers have:
- Consulted for freestyle ski and snowboard events such as the Grand Prix and World Cup of snowboarding.
- Consulted with Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology to develop the first ski industry job and career training program in New Zealand.
- Traveled to consult on projects in China and Russia.
- Met with manufacturers in Austria, Germany and throughout North America.
- Created a partnership with Sanko Gakuen Tokyo Resort and Sports College in Japan. The two schools will share faculty and students, adding international perspective to the Colorado Mountain College program. The Sanko Gakuen program concentrates primarily on snowboarding.
Classes in the Ski Area Operations program are small. Guest lecturers supplement the instruction of experienced, professional faculty. You will be exposed to current trends and practices through campus seminars offered by Colorado professionals. The faculty stay informed about industry developments through membership and participation in the National Ski Patrol, National Ski Areas Association, Ski Area Vehicle Maintenance Institute, Rocky Mountain Lift Association, and Colorado Ski Country USA.