Tuition Break For Team USA
Olympic and Paralympic athletes can receive in-district tuition
More than 60 Olympic and Paralympic athletes have attended Colorado Mountain College. To honor them and support future dreams, the college offers in-state tuition for those training on Team USA.
Once a Team USA athlete qualifies for in-state tuition at the college, they can then qualify for in-district tuition by residing within the district for a minimum of 32 days.
CMC’s in-district tuition runs from $85 to $125 per credit hour – among the most affordable tuition rates in the state. Out-of-state tuition at CMC runs from $466 to $506 per credit hour, so the savings can be significant for athletes who move to train in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
A bill passed by the Colorado General Assembly in 2017 allows colleges to offer in-state tuition to athletes training in Colorado with an elite program approved by the U.S. Olympic Committee. They will receive the in-state rate regardless of where they might otherwise have residency.
Elite Athlete In-State Tuition / How to Apply
If you are participating in a Colorado-based elite-level training program approved by the United States Olympic Committee and a National Governing Body of an Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American or Parapan American sport, you may be eligible to receive in-state tuition, regardless of your permanent residency.
To receive this classification:
- Complete the Team USA In-State Tuition Athlete Verification Form
- Submit form to ACE.firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your NGB and USOC approval
- Submit the signed form to the Admissions Office by the first day of class each term (see Academic Calendar)
- New Team USA In-State Tuition Athlete Verification Forms must be signed each term
For more information, please contact:
“I think this [tuition plan] is really phenomenal. I’m glad to be at CMC. I’m just grateful.”
- Alex Ferreira, current CMC student, Olympic silver medalist and X Games gold medalist in men’s ski superpipe