Tom SchwanderAdjunct Faculty
- A.S., Paramedicine, Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, CO
- NREMT, Paramedic, Saint Anthony Pre-hospital Services/Centura Hospital, Lakewood, CO
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Nationally Registered Paramedic
- Colorado Paramedic
- Colorado EMS Instructor
- Wilderness EMT Instructor
- National Association of EMS Educators, Active Member
- Colorado Association of EMS Education, Member
- American Heart Association Instructor, Healthcare and lay rescuer CPR and First-Aid/Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Incident Command System 100-400 and Multi-Agency Coordination
- Combat Life Saver, Military Combat Training
Tom Schwander is an enthusiastic, passionate, self-motivated, and competent Emergency Medical professional and leader. Tom has his beginnings in the United States Marine Corps, serving in the Iraq War, where he initially found his passion for emergency medicine.
After his enlistment he began a career in the civilian sector working and leading teams in ski patrol, ambulance, and hospital settings. He has volunteered for Search and Rescue and works as an Event Paramedic for a wide variety of activities, in the mountains of Colorado.
He has been the Lead Instructor at Colorado Mountain College’s EMT Basic program and has assisted with other EMS and Wilderness Medicine programs since 2015. Tom has experience working on ambulances and in the hospital setting as a Paramedic.
He found himself taking on the Director role for a hospital-based ambulance service in the rural area of Leadville, CO. Tom has since founded a medical consulting and staffing company that operates and consults globally for solutions to a variety of healthcare concerns, including response to COVID-19 in rural and remote places.
Mr. Schwander excels at adapting to changing situations and can manage and lead teams and students into diverse and sometimes undesirable or uncomfortable situations to deliver the highest quality, research-driven emergency medical care.