President's Scholarship: Low-debt degrees are smarter
$1,000 tuition scholarship for 2021 in-district high school graduates who enroll as new students for fall 2021
¿Quieres información en español?
Colorado Mountain College wants you to reach your goals. So we’re offering the $1000 President’s Scholarship to help you get there. Explore below for all the details.
About the President's Scholarship
You might call this the fine print. But, these requirements are pretty simple. For resources to help you complete requirements, see the "Checklist" tab.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a new student to CMC and be a 2021 graduate of a high school in the CMC District or a 2021 GED graduate living within the CMC District. See Map.
- 2021 graduates of Buena Vista High School and Middle Park High School are also eligible.1
- Complete a CMC application and FAFSA2 by March 31, 2021. Deadline for GED completers is August 1, 2021.
- Graduate from high school by June 30, 2021, or complete the GED by August 1, 2021.
- NEW for 21-22 - Students ineligible to complete the FAFSA, that do not have lawful immigration status, must complete the Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) by March 31, 2021. By submitting the CASFA, if eligible, students may be considered for state financial aid and other scholarships.
If a student maintains eligibility their first year at CMC, earns a minimum of 27 credits, and is registered as a full time student by August 1, 2021 they may be eligible for the President’s Encore Scholarship their second year if funds are available.
1These high schools are within CMC Service Areas and are part of the Mountain Futures Fund Grant, a Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative grant administered by CMC.
2Your FAFSA must be official and complete, including any follow-up requirements that may be requested after your initial FAFSA is processed in order for these scholarship funds to be awarded. If you are not FAFSA eligible (undocumented or a “deferred action” [DACA] student), you can still receive the scholarship by completing the CASFA. Please email the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not FAFSA eligible and need CASFA information.