President's Scholarship: Low-debt degrees are smarter
$1,000 tuition scholarship for new student, in-district high school graduates from the past 4 years (2017-20) and 2019-20 GED graduates
¿Quieres información en español?
Colorado Mountain College wants you to reach your goals. So we’re offering the $1000 President’s Scholarship to help you get there. Explore below for all the details.
Deadline and Eligibility Extended!
The President's Scholarship Deadline is now July 31, 2020.
About the President's Scholarship
You might call this the fine print. But, these requirements are pretty simple. For resources to help you complete requirements, see the "Checklist" tab.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a new student to CMC and be a 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2020 graduate of a high school in the CMC District or a 2019-20 GED graduate living within the CMC District. See Map.
- 2017, 2018, 2019 or 2020 graduates of Buena Vista High School and Middle Park High School are also eligible.1
- Complete a CMC application and FAFSA2 by July 31, 2020. Deadline for GED completers is August 1, 2020.
- Graduate from high school by June 30, 2020, or complete the GED by August 1, 2020. Previous graduates from local in-district high schools now eligible if you graduated: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Start at CMC no later than the Fall 2020 term.
- You must enroll as a full-time student by August 24, 2020 to receive this scholarship.3
- Register for a minimum of 15 credits to receive the full scholarship ($500 per semester)
- Register for a minimum of 12 credits to receive a partial scholarship ($400 per semester)
- Register for a minimum of 6 credits to receive a partial scholarship ($200 per semester)
- Maintain good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA at the end of your first semester to receive the second semester award
1These high schools are within CMC Service Areas and are part of the Mountain Futures Fund Grant, a Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative grant administered by CMC.
2Your FAFSA must be official and complete, including any follow-up requirements that may be requested after your initial FAFSA is processed in order for these scholarship funds to be awarded. If you are not FAFSA eligible (undocumented or a “deferred action” [DACA] student), you can still receive the scholarship. Please email the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com if you are not FAFSA eligible.
3If a student maintains eligibility their first year at CMC, earns a minimum of 27 credits, and is registered as a full time student by August 17, 2021 they will be eligible for the President’s Encore Scholarship their second year.