Deadline and Eligibility Extended!
The President's Scholarship Deadline is now July 15, 2022
About the President's Scholarship
You might call this the fine print. But, these requirements are pretty simple. For resources to help you complete requirements, see the "Checklist" tab.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a new student to CMC and be a 2022 graduate of a high school in the CMC District or a 2022 GED graduate living within the CMC District. See Map.
- 2022 graduates of Buena Vista High School and Middle Park High School are also eligible.1
- Complete a CMC application and FAFSA2 by July 15, 2022 (use CMC's school code: 004506). Deadline for GED completers is August 1, 2022.
- Students ineligible to complete the FAFSA, that do not have lawful immigration status, must complete the Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) by July 15, 2022 (use CMC's school code: 004506). By submitting the CASFA, if eligible, students may be considered for state financial aid and other scholarships.
- Graduate from high school by June 30, 2022, or complete the GED by August 1, 2022.
If a student maintains eligibility their first year at CMC, earns a minimum of 27 credits, and is registered as a full time student by August 1, 2022 they may be eligible for the President’s Encore Scholarship their second year if funds are available.
1These high schools are within CMC Service Areas and are part of the Mountain Futures Fund Grant, a Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative grant administered by CMC.
2Your FAFSA or CASFA must be official and complete, including any follow-up outstanding requirements (including verification) that may be requested after your initial FAFSA is processed in order for these scholarship funds to be awarded. If selected for verification, you must have this resolved by the start of the fall term otherwise you are ineligible to receive this scholarship. If you are not FAFSA eligible (undocumented or a “deferred action” [DACA] student), you can still receive the scholarship by completing the CASFA. Please email the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com if you are not FAFSA eligible and need CASFA information.