How to Apply for the Rocky Mountain Land Management Internship
Internship Eligibility Requirements
- Sophomore students who are completing their associate degree in Biology, Geology, Chemistry, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation Leadership, Ski Area Operations, or other related fields
- Junior/Senior level CMC Bachelor of Sustainability Studies (BASS) students
- Junior/Senior level students who are not current CMC students, but are willing to enroll in a CMC four-year degree program
- Individuals who currently hold a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with at least 24 credits of 300 or 400 level science coursework completed successfully
- In addition, applicants should have:
- A strong interest and commitment to the mission of the USDA Forest Service
- Strong desire to work with the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in the outdoors is a plus
- Eligible for federal employment, including a federal employee background check. See FAQs regarding federal employment
- Some Forest Service internship positions may have physical requirements. Please see the following link for federal policies on disability employment
What to Submit
Required Application Materials are due: Monday, March 15, 5 pm MST
- Cover letter that specifically addresses eligibility requirements
- Transcripts (unofficial) — Official transcripts will be requested at time of acceptance.
- Two essays 250-300 word limit each:
- What skills and personal experience do you bring to support the mission of the USDA Forest Service?
- Describe your previous coursework and how it will contribute to your success in this internship program.
- A statement indicating: (1) your preferred Colorado Mountain College residential campus location: Steamboat Springs, Leadville or Spring Valley; and
(2) whether or not you are willing to be placed at a campus location upon acceptance.
- The names and contact information, email and phone, of three professional references
Send completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please contact: email@example.com
Candidates will be contacted directly if they are selected for an interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered.