Placement Testing at Colorado Mountain College
Use placement testing to help reach your goals
Enrolling in the appropriate college level courses is very important to be a successful learner at Colorado Mountain College. Placement testing is an important step in choosing those courses that will help you be successful in reaching your educational goals.
According to the State of Colorado, all first-time degree-seeking students, as well as students seeking select certificates, must be assessed in reading comprehension, English, and mathematics.
The following can be used by Colorado Mountain College to correctly place students in their college classes:
The ACCUPLACER test will assess your content knowledge in reading, sentence skills, and mathematics.
ACT and SAT College Codes for CMC
Need to send your ACT or SAT test scores to Colorado Mountain College? Use these codes!
high school academics placement
Recent high school graduates may be placed into courses based on their high school GPA and academic course rigor.
Have test scores from standardized national exams, want to take a challenge exam or receive credit from other experience?
exemptions from placement testing
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s or associate’s degree.
- Students who have previously been assessed at a Colorado public postsecondary institution.
- Students who have successfully completed basic skills instruction in mathematics, writing, or reading are exempt from the requirement for assessment in that subject area only.
- Students who have successfully completed a college-level course in English are exempt from the requirement for assessment in English and reading.
- Students who have successfully completed a college-level course in mathematics are exempt from the requirement for assessment in mathematics.