Scholarships at Colorado Mountain College
The Colorado Mountain College Foundation offers and administers over 300 scholarships. To be eligible for these scholarships, you must be pursuing a CMC degree or certificate program.
New – The President’s Scholarship
Get Started Now on Scholarships!
The 2015 Scholarship process is now open. Deadlines vary, but many of the Scholarships have a March 1 deadline.
Search and Apply for Scholarships
All of the scholarships offered and administered by the CMC Foundation use the same online application. You can use the online application to search or browse all of the scholarships.
How to Apply for Scholarships
The Colorado Mountain College Foundation offers a variety of scholarships to qualified students. The following steps are required for consideration for all scholarship awards:
- Complete the Colorado Mountain College admissions application. You must be a current CMC student or have a current admissions application on file in order to create a scholarship account and complete the application.
- Set up your scholarship application account by selecting the button below to be re-directed to the scholarship application portal. In order to create your account you will need to SIGN IN with your CMC e-mail address and a password that you create. Once this step is completed, a validation link will be mailed to your MYCMC e-mail account located at: mycmc.coloradomtn.edu/group/mycampus/students (myCMC login required).
Once you have validated your account, you will be directed to your scholarship application.
The following documents or information are required for upload to your application. Reference paragraphs below to determine appropriate document.
- Name and e-mail address of two reference providers
- Page one of the FAFSA SAR or page one of your most recent tax return. Your most recent employee W-9 form is also acceptable. Please black out all personal identification numbers prior to upload. Be sure your name is included on all uploaded documents.
You will be able to access and exit the application as necessary.
Once the application is submitted, applicants are automatically matched to qualifying opportunities.
Some opportunities require additional information to verify eligibility; an additional eligibility question will be presented under the Opportunity heading of your application account once your application is submitted.
Additional Scholarship Information
Transcript information must be uploaded to the scholarship application as a PDF or Microsoft Word document.
- If you are currently in high school or graduated from high school in the last five years, upload a copy of your most recent high school transcript. If you graduated more than five years ago, no transcript is required.
- If you transferred to Colorado Mountain College from another college or university, please upload your academic transcript from that institution.
- If you completed a GED or received a high school diploma through an alternative program, please upload proof of completion along with your scholarship application.
- Current CMC students should upload a PDF or Word document of either a CMC transcript via Web Advisor or from the CMC Registrar’s Office. Be sure your name is included on all uploaded documents.
The application requests the name and e-mail address for two reference providers. It is imperative that you contact the provider to advise them of your request. The request will be dispatched via e-mail upon entry of the provider’s information. References providers cannot include spouses, family members or close friends.
It is recommended that you review your application weekly to confirm that both reference letters have been received. You can review reference provider information under the Reference section of the application. You have the opportunity to resend a request or replace an existing reference request as necessary.
Evidence of Financial Need
If you are eligible to receive Federal Student Aid, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for the scholarship awards that are based on financial need. If you did not, or are not eligible to submit a FAFSA, the first page of your most recent tax return is required. Please be sure to black out all personal identification numbers prior to upload.
Application for scholarships open December 1. All required documents and information are due on your application by March 1 (or as specified in the scholarship criteria).
Definition of Program or Degree Major
There is a primary and secondary Degree Program selection table.
Full and Part-time Attendance
Full-time attendance is based on 12 credit hours per semester, and lower level of attendance will be considered part-time for purpose of scholarship criteria.
Thank You Letters
Scholarship recipients must thank the donors who have made the scholarship(s) possible. A “Post Acceptance” reminder will appear upon acceptance of a scholarship. Scholarship funds will not be disbursed until recipient thank you letters are uploaded to the scholarship. These letters are an integral part of the scholarship program and will be provided to the donors. You should include the following points in your thank you note:
- Express your appreciation for the award.
- Explain how the scholarship will assist you.
- Share your educational and career goals.
CMC Financial Aid
The Financial Aid staff will personally help you with grants, loans and work-study to help pay for your college education.
Be sure to see their information regarding your FAFSA Application — you’ll need it for scholarships.
Scholarship Search Tools
Use the sites below to search for additional financial assistance and scholarships not managed or administered by Colorado Mountain College.
FAFSA – Free Application for Student Aid. The United States government and the state of Colorado offer students a variety of types of financial support, including grants that do not have to be paid back.
FastWeb – Search the internet for scholarships right for you. FastWeb is a free online scholarship search tool that allows you to search for scholarships that match your individual background, interests, and experience. FastWeb also offers assistance in career planning.
FinAid – Learn about financial aid and search the internet for scholarships. FinAid is another free site that answers questions about student financial aid and steers you toward scholarships that match your profile.
SchoolSoup – Provides many scholarship opportunities based on applicant initial input.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Below are various scholarship opportunities outside of Colorado Mountain College.
|Buildium’s Women in Technology||A scholarship for Women in Technology.||buildium.com/women-in-technology-scholarship|
|FormSwift||A $1,000 College Scholarship Contest, available for high school seniors and college students across the country.||formswift.com/startup-scholarship|
|Jack Kent Cooke Foundation||Highly selective transfer scholarships for the nation’s top community college graduates.||jkcf.org/scholarship-programs|
|Online Masters Program||A four part guide to paying for graduate school including a searchable database for scholarships||onlinemastersprograms.org/financial-aid|
|Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program||Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 8th year.||http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm|
|Everett Bristol Memorial International Scholarship||Awarded to an international student wishing to attend CMC||http://www.yvcf.org/scholarships|
|George Tolles International Studies Scholarship||Awarded to an international student or a student wishing to attend CMC to seek a career in International Affairs.||http://www.yvcf.org/scholarships|
|Lift-up of Routt County Scholarships||Lift-Up of Routt County is now accepting applications for the Hope for the Future Scholarship. The following candidates are encouraged to apply: Graduating high school seniors; students currently enrolled in college, trade or vocational school; adults interested in increasing their self-sufficiency by enrolling in college, trade or vocational schoool.||http://liftupofrouttcounty.org/scholarships/|