Nurse Aide Training at Colorado Mountain College
Get a Nurse Aide Certificate and work in the expanding health care industry
The nurse aide training program provides training in the fundamentals of individualized nursing care. The one-semester course teaches you skills necessary to work in health centers with acute care patients.
Colorado Mountain College’s Nurse Aide programs provides specific training for the cognitive and skill practice required by the Colorado State Board of Nursing. Learn the fundamentals of individualized nursing care and develop the skills necessary to work in health centers with acute care patients.
Our four-credit class and one credit clinical deliver approximately 90 classroom hours and at least 16 hours of clinical work in a health care setting. Please note: the state requires proof of legal residency in order to do clinicals and take the state certification exam.
Graduates will receive a Certificate of Occupational Proficiency in Nurse Aide Training.
In order to register, you need to provide:
- Proof of being at least 17 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Completed Colorado Mountain College Admissions Application
You need to provide the following information within the first three weeks of class:
- Immunization records including proof of 2 MMR vaccinations (or titer)
- Proof of current season flu shot
- Proof of 2 varicella (chickenpox) vaccinations (or titer)
- Proof of 2 negative 2-step TB tests or 1 Quantiferon gold or 1 chest x-ray (any choice within the past year, varies by clinical site)
- Proof of 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations or titer or signed rejection
- Proof of Tetanus vaccination (within the past 10 years)
- Proof of current CPR certification at the Healthcare Provider level (see CMC schedule for course offerings)
- Signed Colorado Mountain College Waiver (instructor will provide form)
- Signed Worker’s Compensation Form (instructor will provide form)
- Signed HIPAA Agreement (instructor will provide form)
- Signed Student Policy Manual (instructor will provide)