Ski and Snowboard Business: Add a Snowsports Business Degree to Your Resume
Put your passion to work with a degree in the snowsports industry
In Steamboat Springs, you'll be close to the sport you love and on top of the latest trends in design and equipment. This is the only program in the U.S. that focuses on snowsports retail, manufacturing and marketing.
Get an international start with a ski business degree
Colorado Mountain College has an international reputation in the ski and snowboard business. Get global business contacts through Colorado Mountain College and Snowsports Industries America (SIA) for a great start in the snowsports industry. Because our Ski and Snowboard Business program was the first of its kind, it is respected by industry professionals around the world. With this international business reputation, you can make valuable contacts and gain experience that would take several years on the job.
Study Ski and Snowboard Business at Colorado Mountain College in Steamboat Springs. No other college offers such a well-known business program in an international resort setting.
Endorsed by Snowsports industries America (SIA)
To succeed in the ski industry, you need to make business connections. Partneships with SnowSports Industries America (SIA) and several equipment companies give you valuable opportunities to work and network with executives and managers on the national and international levels.
From ski shows in Vail, Mammoth and Jackson Hole to Saas-Fee, Switzerland, our students get real-world experience with notable brands in epic locations. Prepare for a rewarding career in the sport you love!
- Attend the massive Outdoor Retailer Snow Show in Denver
- Work events with Western Winter Sports Representatives Association (WWSRA)
- Go international with internships in Saas-Fee, Switzerland
Steamboat Springs also provides many hands-on opportunities to learn the ski business. Students can complete their internship at one of the many ski and snowboarding retail, repair and rental businesses in town or on the mountain.
SNOWBOARD BUSINESS IN JAPAN
Students traveled to Japan to learn international business and film/promotion in Japan. See Study Abroad/Japan.
Hands-On Experience with Nordica Sidecountry
Ski & Snowboard Business program students have the opportunity to participate in creating the Nordica Sidecountry line.
Get Certified with Snowsports Industries America
CMC students have the opportunity to participate in the first industry-wide snowsports certification and testing center.
What Makes Colorado Mountain College the Best Choice?
- Internationally recognized
- The first program of its kind
- Endorsed by the SnowSports Industries America (SIA)
- Solid relationships with national clothing and equipment manufacturers
- Started with the help of Billy Kidd, Steamboat Ski Corporation's Director of Skiing and a legend in American skiing
- Offers training in all areas, from repair to marketing and manufacturing
- Located in the international ski resort of Steamboat Springs
What will you learn?
- Analyze boot, ski and board problems and identify and initiate solutions.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of tools and materials for Ski and Snowboard tuning.
- Organize retail store layouts.
- Use basic foot anatomy, physiology and bio-mechanics to properly fit ski and snowboard boots.
- Understand material resource management and sourcing.
Where can you go from here?
A sports business degree in Ski and Snowboard Business opens the door to a job in sales, management, equipment development, and more. You could own a ski shop or design cutting-edge equipment. You could consult with Olympic athletes and national teams. To enter the snowsports industry, you need specialized training in business and equipment. Colorado Mountain College gives you both.
- Retail and wholesale sales
- Retail operations management
- Ski and snowboard shop management
- Marketing for world-class resorts
- Clothing and equipment design and development
SnowSports Industries America and CMC have created the first industry-wide certification and testing center for the snow sports industry.