Pharmacy Technician: Offered 100% online, gain real-world skills that are in-demand by the healthcare industry
Launch your career in healthcare and prepare to apply for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
Become a critical member of healthcare teams working in hospitals, clinics, and retail establishments. As a pharmacy technician, you work with a licensed pharmacist to provide quality patient care in a detail-oriented environment.
- As a PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program, students will be prepared to apply for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- Work in a hospital, clinic, assisted living facilities, or pharmacy
- Help ensure that medications are prepared accurately
- Gain real-world skills that are in-demand by the healthcare industry
What does a Pharmacy Technician do?
Under the guidance of a licensed pharmacist, pharm techs may:
- Receive and confirm prescriptions
- Prepare and fill sterile prescriptions
- Maintain accurate patient records, medication inventory, and orders
- Provide attentive, friendly customer service
This program is offered 100% online to provide the flexibility necessary for busy students. Students will be required to complete a clinical internship to gain hands-on, real world experience. Master the fundamentals of pharmacy practice, ethics, confidentiality, and medical laws, all essential skills taught in the CMC Pharmacy Technician Certificate program.
Request Program Information