TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) at CMC
We are a supportive academic community working together towards academic excellence and achievement. TRIO SSS helps first-generation, low-income students and students with disabilities reach their full potential and achieve academic success. Student success is at the heart of everything we do.
We are here to help with:
- Academic Support and Guidance
- Personal Support and Advocacy
- Identifying Tutorial Assistance
- Assistance with Financial Aid
- Assistance with Transfer and Career Exploration
If you meet one or more of these criteria, you could qualify:
- You are income eligible based on your (or your parents) prior year annual income;
- Neither of your parents has earned a 4-year college degree;
- You have a documented disability.
And, you need to meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a registered CMC student seeking a degree or certificate;
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.;
- Be willing to make a personal commitment to improving your academic skills.
Apply Today! We are still accepting new students.
The Federal TRIO Programs (TRIO) are Federal outreach and student services programs designed to identify and provide services for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. TRIO includes eight programs targeted to serve and assist low-income individuals, first-generation college students, and individuals with disabilities to progress through the academic pipeline from middle school to postbaccalaureate programs.
The TRIO Student Support Services program is funded under the U.S. Department of Education. It provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their postsecondary education. Program participants must meet certain requirements set forth by the Department of Education.
The United States Department of Education funds Colorado Mountain College's (CMC) TRIO-SSS at $652,270 (95%) annually. The remainder is annual non-federal funding from CMC at $30,000 (5%). The program serves 375 students at six CMC sites.
TRiO Annual Report
CMC/TRIO successfully served 351 students during the 2017-2018 academic year. Learn about the TRIO's achievements, mission, demographics and more.
Read about CMC/TRIO activities, highlights, plus student and staff spotlights.