Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
EMT-Basic and EMT-Intermediate certification
Which EMS/EMT Program is for Me?
The Colorado Health Department requires specific training for those who work as emergency medical technicians in emergency care situations. This program covers those requirements and prepares students for the Colorado examination.
Emergency Medical Technician program graduates are hired or serve as EMT volunteers for ambulance services, police departments, fire departments, ski patrols and search-and-rescue organizations.
The EMT program may be taken in conjunction with other course work or independently. However, because of the limited course requirements, it is not appropriate as a sole course of study for full-time students. Graduates of the program will receive a Certificate of Occupational Proficiency in Emergency Medical Technology.
What information do I need to provide to register?
- Proof of being at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
- Completed Colorado Mountain College Admissions Application
- Proof of college level reading and composition (ACT or SAT scores, college transcripts, or Accuplacer test-ing at CMC)
What information needs to be provided within the first two weeks of class?
- Successful background check and drug screen (instructions will be provided at first class)
- Immunization records including proof of MMR vaccinations (2 shots or titer)
- Proof of 2 negative 2-step TB tests or 1 Quantiferon gold or 1 chest x-ray (any choice within the past year)
- Proof of 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations or titer or signed rejection
- Proof of current season flu shot
- Proof of varicella (chickenpox) vaccinations (2 shots or titer)
- Copy of current AHA CPR for the Healthcare Provider certification (this course is taught during the EMT Basic class)
- Copy of health insurance card
- Signed Colorado Mountain College Waiver (instructor will provide)
- Signed Worker’s Compensation Form (instructor will provide)
- Signed Functional Position Description for EMT (instructor will provide)
- Signed Student Policy Manual (instructor will provide)